top of page


Public·28 members
Oliver Diaz
Oliver Diaz

Junk Yards That Buy Cars Without Title In Pa

The DMV will not examine or issue a new title certificate or vehicle registration for a rebuilt salvage vehicle that does not have a title certificate or Salvage Certificate (MV-907A) that proves ownership.

junk yards that buy cars without title in pa

Note: If the DMV finds that a recently registered vehicle has a salvage history, the DMV will notify the customer that the vehicle must go through the salvage vehicle process. The DMV will not issue a New York State title or allow you to renew your vehicle registration until the vehicle is examined and the title is issued.

Eric is our founder and CEO and has nearly 15 years of experience buying and selling used and junk cars in the state of Pennsylvania. He is also a data nerd with a finger on the pulse of the cash for cars industry and salvage vehicle values.

Getting rid of an abandoned vehicle in Pennsylvania can be a difficult process. Unfortunately, you cannot just sell any junk car that ends up on your property if you do not own it. You'll need to follow the Pennsylvania abandoned vehicle removal procedures. We have given a general overview of what that entails below.

If your car carries a lien, it cannot be sold to a junkyard or anyone other than a state-licensed dealership. Chances are, if yours is a junk car, no dealership will be interested. With that in mind, you have a few options.

Doing business with a junkyard is inarguably the least rewarding and least profitable way to sell a car and should be reserved for a vehicle with little to no hope. For sellers who are merely looking to get rid of an old beater or offload a car that no longer runs and is just taking up space, selling it to a junkyard may be a viable option.

A regular title will be replaced with a scrap title if your vehicle has one or more major component parts that have been wrecked, destroyed, damaged, stolen, or missing to the extent that the total estimated cost of repair is 91 percent or more of its pre-damaged value.

To locate a place that will junk your car without a title, search for salvage garages in your immediate area. There are lists of garages on the web that even offer online appraisals of your car once all the information and photos have been uploaded.

Another option to consider when you have a car you want to junk without a title is to donate it to charity. This has no monetary return for the owner, but it could help others down the road. Your donation may also be eligible for a tax write-off. If your car sells for less than $500, typically no additional paperwork is required. If it sells for more than $500 but less than $5,000, you should be able to claim the full sale amount using IRS forms 1098-c or 8283. Deductions over $5,000 may still be claimed, but you may need a written appraisal in addition to the forms. As always, seek advice from a licensed tax professional.

Usually, yes. Proof of ownership typically matters more to junkyards than registration status. Some states do require that you return your license plates to the DMV, however, and upon doing so you may be required to pay any outstanding fees. Since rules vary by state, a reputable local junkyard should be able to guide you.

It depends on the state. In some, you may be able to do so without taking any other action. Others may require you to get a new title in your name from the DMV. For example, if you wanted to junk a car inherited from a deceased relative, the DMV may ask for a death certificate and require a transfer form. In other states, such as Texas, you may only need to show that you had power of attorney.

Yes. If you live in a state where doing so is legal, a cash payment is almost certainly an option. Many junkyards prefer to deal in cash to avoid excessive paperwork, processing times and credit card transaction fees.

As with many things in life, there is paperwork. And perhaps the most important one regarding a vehicle is its certificate of title, colloquially known as the car title or pink slip. This is a legal document that establishes ownership of the vehicle. If leasing or financing a car, you will not see this document. Only when a vehicle is purchased does a car title materialize.

Also, consider that without proof of ownership, selling a vehicle is illegal in many states. After all, having a car title will show that the vehicle is not stolen property or obtained via dishonest methods. Even in those jurisdictions where it is permissible, an untitled vehicle still cannot be registered, insured, or legally driven on public roads.

As of last month, 24 states participate in an electronic lien and title (ELT) processing program that allows motor vehicle departments to send digital titles to car owners and lenders. However, for the rest of the country, processing times can take weeks, which could put your negotiated sale in jeopardy.

Once you have your duplicate title, know that it will void the one it replaces. Should you find the original car title in the sofa cushions, for example, best to actually destroy it this time to avoid any issues down the road.

Some states will allow sellers to transfer ownership of a vehicle without a title, but the responsibility will fall onto the buyer to obtain one. So, while this does allow you to complete a and gives the new owner a temporary permit to drive the vehicle, this would only work if a new or duplicate car title is being processed. Additional documentation, like a certificate of inspection from a state-approved facility, might be required as well.

When it comes to classic cars, whether museum-quality collectibles or otherwise, many states will not issue a title if the vehicle is more than 15 to 25 years old. In this situation, a state may have a standardized bill of sale form, which buyers can then use to register the car.

A salvage title is required for vehicles manufactured within the last seven model years that have been wrecked or damaged. When requested, a salvage title may be issued for a vehicle over seven model years old.

If you own a vehicle with a certificate of title that is faulty, lost, or destroyed, or you possess an abandoned vehicle, you may apply to the BMV for authority to sell, give away, or dispose of the vehicle for scrap metal without applying for a certificate of title.

But here is something we would love for you to think about. You call that junkyard and the owner gives you an offer. Then, you like what you hear and then decide to head on down to the junkyard. You even call a company and pay them to tow your car to the junkyard.

We know you have choices when it comes to selling your car. You can go to a junkyard, or you can opt to sell it online. You can even choose to sell it privately. But there are some great reasons that you should let Cash Cars Buyer, purchase your junk, wrecked, damaged or scrap car!

If you sell your vehicle and your plates aren't expired, you can transfer them to a vehicle of the same type that is titled to you, your spouse, or same sex domestic partner. You can't transfer your plates to the buyer - even if it's another family member. If you don't use the plates, you can't get a refund for any remaining registration time.

If you lost your title, you don't need a replacement title to junk the vehicle. You can show the certificate of vehicle registration or Confirmation of Ownership as proof you own the vehicle, and sign a junk bill of sale.

A salvaged vehicle is any motor vehicle damaged in a collision or other occurrence to the extent that the repairs (including parts and labor) to make the vehicle safe for use on public roadways would exceed 75 percent of its fair market value. When an insurance company or authorized agent has paid a claim on a salvaged vehicle, the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles must be notified within 10 days if the damage occurred in North Carolina and the transfer of title occurred in North Carolina. If the salvaged or damaged vehicle is six model years old or newer, the title applicant must obtain an anti-theft inspection by NCDMV's License & Theft Bureau. NCDMV advises consumers to be careful when purchasing a salvaged vehicle and to have it thoroughly inspected by the License & Theft Bureau before buying it.

The provisions of this Chapter 451 adopted August 22, 1980, effective August 23, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 3452, unless otherwise noted. 451.1. Purpose; authority. This chapter is promulgated for the purpose of controlling the establishment or maintenance or both, of junkyards and automotive dismantler and recycler businesses and activities within 1000 feet of the nearest edge of the right-of-way of any interstate or Federal aid primary highway. 451.2. Definitions. The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise: Abandoned—A junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler, or both, which has not been used or operated for a period of 12 months, or that its license has not been renewed within 60 days of notice to renew. Act—The act of July 28, 1966 (P. L. 91, No. 3) (36 P. S. 2719.1—2719.14). Automotive dismantler and recycler—Any establishment or place of business which is maintained, used, or operated for storing, keeping, buying or selling wrecked, scrapped, ruined or dismantled motor vehicles, or motorparts, or both. Department—The Department of Transportation of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. District engineer—The person designated as such in one of the Department’s 11 engineering districts. Industrial activity—An activity permitted only in an industrial zone, or in a less restrictive zone, except that none of the following shall be considered industrial activities: (i) Outdoor advertising structures. (ii) Agricultural, forestry, ranching, grazing, farming and related activities, including but not limited to, wayside selling. (iii) Activities normally and regularly in operation less than 3 months of the year. (iv) Transient or temporary activities. (v) Activities not visible from the traffic lanes of the main traveled way. (vi) Activities conducted in a building principally used as a residence. (vii) Railroad tracks, including sidings and passenger depots. (viii) Junkyards or automotive dismantlers and recyclers. Junk—Scrap, copper, brass, rope, rags, batteries, paper, trash, rubber debris, waste, iron, steel and other old or scrap ferrous or nonferrous material, including wrecked, scrapped, ruined, dismantled, or junked motor vehicles, or parts thereof. Junkyard—Any outdoor establishment, place of business, or activity which is maintained, used or operated for storing, keeping, buying or selling junk; for the maintenance or operation of a garbage dump, sanitary landfill or scrap metal processor, or for the storage of ten or more junked vehicles. Nonconforming—As applied to junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler means it was legally in existence on January 1, 1967, and located within the zone of control. The term also applies to a junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler located in the zone of control adjacent to any interstate or Federal aid primary highway made a part of the system after January 1, 1967. Person—A corporation, partnership, association, and political subdivision as well as a natural person. Screening—The use of any natural objects, plantings, embankments, fencing, walls or structures, or a combination of any of these, which will effectively hide any deposit of junk so as not to be visible from the highway, at all times of the year, by an occupant of a motor vehicle viewing from a height of 4 1/2 feet above the pavement. Secretary—The Secretary of the Department of Transportation. Site—The property within the boundaries described in the application on which the junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler business or activity is located or is proposed to be located. Unzoned industrial area—The land occupied by the regularly used building, parking lot, storage, or processing area of an industrial activity and that land within 1000 feet thereof which is: (i) Located on the same side of the highway as the principal part of the activity. (ii) Not predominantly used for residential or commercial purposes. (iii) Not zoned by any State or local law, regulation, or ordinance. Zone of control—All areas which are adjacent to and within 1,000 feet of the edge of the right-of-way of any interstate or Federal aid primary highway. Zoned industrial area—Any area zoned industrial by the appropriate zoning authority. 451.3. Licensing requirements. (a) General rule. No person shall establish, maintain, use or operate a junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler business, within the zone of control without a valid license as provided in this chapter. (b) Licensing period. The license will be effective from January 1 to December 31 of the license year. Failure to renew the license within 60 days after notice of expiration will cause the junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler to be classified as abandoned and require its removal at the expense of the owner. (c) Eligible locations. Only the following types of establishments shall be eligible for licensing within the zone of control: (i) Those legally in existence on January 1, 1967, or those legally in existence along a highway section which is made a part of the interstate or Federal aid primary highway system after that date. (ii) Those not visible from the highway. (iii) Those located within zoned or unzoned industrial areas. 451.4. Control responsibility. (a) Screening by the Department. Nonconforming junkyards or automotive dismantlers and recyclers will be screened by the Department where physically and economically feasible, utilizing current Federal and State criteria, design manuals, standards, and specifications, provided Federal and State participating funds are available. (1) The Department will individually analyze the screening required for each site and develop a plan of control which meets the requirements of Federal and State laws, standards, rules and regulations. (2) The Department will not be responsible for the preservation or maintenance of existing screening. Where the screening is subsequently removed or becomes ineffective, the owner of the junkyard or automotive dismantler and recyclers shall be required, after notice of the violation by the Department, to provide the maintenance required in 451.5(a) (relating to maintenance of junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler screening). (b) Screening by the applicant. All other screening shall be done by the junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler, subject to Department approval. Screening material and techniques shall be compatible with the environment and shall conform with this chapter. Additional information on screening may be obtained from the Department of Transportation Bureau of Design, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17120. (c) Right to remove. Where any junkyard or automotive dismantler and recycler is nonconforming and screening is not physically or economically feasible, the Department may remove, relocate, or dispose of the junk, or adopt any combination of control actions it deems appropriate, at the expense of the Department.Source 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...


  • Putrsa Chola
    Putrsa Chola
  • galleta-kun
  • Lokawra Shiopa
    Lokawra Shiopa
  • Dương Dương
    Dương Dương
bottom of page